WELCOME TO OUR PARENTS’ CORNER
Toybox Community Child Care Centre welcomes families to come in and have a look around. There is no need to book a visit. We have enrolment packs available at the centre as well as on this website. Families are encouraged to visit the centre where you will be shown around and our friendly staff can answer your questions.
If you would like to enrol your child it is necessary to dicuss your intention with the Director or Administration Manager so we can help you the best we can. Orientations are advised to ensure that you and your child have the best start to your stay with us. Orientations are a minimum of 2 hours. This allows for your child to freely explore the environments and for you to relax, get to know the staff and have any further questions you have answered.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- We are a Lunchbox Centre. You will need to provide a lunch for your child and a water bottle everyday they attend care.
- Toybox provides all Morning and Afternoon snacks that are nutritonally balanced.
- You will need to provide a suitable hat during SunSmart times of the year (suitable means a “bucket” style, “legionnaire” style or “broadrimmed” style hat).
- Children need to bring a bag with spare clothes in every day.
- We do spend a large amount of time outside as we have a wonderful outside space that allows for children to develop and grow.
- You are required under law to sign your child in and out for every session they attend.
- We provide nappies for infants and wipes across the centre.
- We are a Not for Profit Organisation that is Community based. We encourage families to have an input into the Centre. There are many ways to do this; becoming a member on our Committee, attend working bees, assist with maintaining equipment or putting resources together for us. In order to keep our costs low input from families is very much appreciated.
- Family feedback is very important to us and we encourage you to have open communication with us.
- If you wish to discuss elements of your child’s development or you have a concern and the conversation may be lengthy we ask that you request a meeting so staff can be covered to maintain ratios. We are more than happy to oblige this request.